15-Year-Old Boy Caught Riding Mini-Motorcycle on Sidewalk in Burlington
A 15-year-old boy was recently caught riding a mini-motorcycle on a sidewalk in Burlington.
According to Matt Baker (@HRPSbikecop), the incident occurred at Brant Street and Elgin Street.
“15-year-olds can’t be charged under the HTA [Ontario Highway Traffic Act],” Baker wrote on Twitter. Baker noted that warnings were provided, the parent(s) were notified, and the situation was resolved.
However, the 15-year-old boy had to walk 4.5 km home.
15 year old male has been educated on the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. Hard to get an M1 license when you are only 15. 4.5 km walk home to think of friends with private property he can ride on. pic.twitter.com/kGADNdikPz— Matt Baker (@HRPSbikecop) July 16, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Matt Baker on Twitter.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Halton Police Find Used Needle Near Aldershot Library in Burlington
- 19 year old charged after allegedly going triple the speed limit on the QEW in Burlington
- Drivers Caught Street Racing in Burlington
- VIDEO: Multiple People Charged in Connection with Dangerous Motorcycle Stunts
- Fatal Motorcycle Crashes on the Rise in Ontario