157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 835 total cases found in Halton
The province says that 157 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on June 30, Ontario is reporting 35,068 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,672 people have died of the disease, with 1,710 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 30,344 cases have resolved.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 213 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 42 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 34 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,407,325 tests for the virus have been completed and 19,318 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 23,759 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Halton Region’s COVID-19 website which was updated on June 30, 754 people have been diagnosed positive in the region and 25 people have died of the virus. There are 81 probable cases and 835 total cases (up two from yesterday’s report).
There are currently 172 cases in Burlington, 277 in Oakville, 221 in Milton, and 163 in Halton Hills.
The website says seven deaths have occurred in Burlington. Three deaths have been reported in Oakville, four in Milton, and 11 deaths have been reported in Halton Hills.
At this time, 756 cases have reportedly resulted in a recovery.
Among the total cases, 80 (10%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak, and among the total deaths, 12 (48%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak.
The region states that municipality counts may be inflated by outbreaks occurring in institutions located in their boundaries.
The province and region are continuing to update their numbers on a daily basis.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- 178 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 825 total cases found in Halton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 749 total cases found in Halton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 745 total cases found in Halton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 754 total cases found in Halton
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 779 total cases found in Halton