24-Year-Old Woman Arrested Following Head-On Collision in Georgetown
Early this morning (June 3) Halton Police responded to a head-on collision involving a police cruiser in Georgetown.
According to police, shortly before 4 a.m., an officer was stopped on the side of Highway 7 near Main Street North when an eastbound Hyundai Tucson SUV travelling at a high rate of speed collided head-on with the officer’s cruiser.
Police say all airbags in the cruiser were deployed and the officer was not injured.
The Tuscon continued to drive away eastbound, however, a second nearby officer was able to stop it.
A female driver and two male passengers inside the SUV were also not injured.
The female, a 24-year-old Georgetown woman, was arrested for impaired operation of a motor vehicle and was taken to a police facility to perform a breath test.
According to police, it was discovered that the female driver had a blood-alcohol concentration of over twice the legal limit.
Police say she is being released on a promise to appear with a court date set for July 8.
As a result of the collision, Highway 7 was closed in both directions between Trafalgar Road and Main Street North.
However, Highway 7 between Main Street North and Trafalgar Road has now been re-opened to traffic.
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- UPDATE: Male Arrested After ATV Crashes Into Police Cruiser in Burlington
- Halton Police Officer Cleared in Milton SIU Investigation
- Accused Impaired Driver Charged After SUV Nearly Hits Police Cruiser in Milton