249 days later, Scarlett the abandoned dog finally finds new home
It was a long road for Scarlett—the pup abandoned by her previous owners when they moved and left Scarlett behind.
But 249 days after being turned over to the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA, Scarlett has found a new home thanks to big-hearted adopters.
“This poor girl is a lot of dog to love,” wrote the HBSPCA in a Facebook post. “She is exuberant and loves to play in water. She’s not picky where the water is, in a pool, in a puddle, or in her dish. She just loves to play.”
Scarlett’s adoption was likely delayed due to her being diagnosed with deadly heartworm disease, as well as her lack of social skills, likely aided by her previous owner which led to aggression around other animals.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Netflix finally gives subscribers the ability to shut off auto-play
- New Program in Burlington Promotes Community Play in the City
- Study finds drinking water in Halton schools contains elevated levels of lead
- Burlington Celebrating the Re-Opening of Tansley Woods Indoor Play-Space