26 Bikes Seized in Burlington
If you have a bike that’s disappeared in Burlington, Halton police are suggesting you get in touch.
Twenty-six bicycles were seized during an investigation and detectives are looking for their owners.
“We don't know when all the bikes were taken,” said Sgt. Dana Nicholas, “however, it is believed they were taken over the last six months.”
The incidents took place in Burlington but there are no specific addresses.
Investigators “have a person of interest” linked to the case, said Nicholas, adding the file is ongoing.
“These were as a result of another investigation which uncovered this property,” Nicholas said.
“More investigation is required.”
If no one claims the bikes, they’ll be properly accounted for and then stored in a property room, she said.
Charges are pending, say police, and an update will be released when more information is available.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the 3 District criminal investigations bureau via Angela Oliver at 905-825-4747 ext. 2374.
She will put the caller in contact with an on-duty investigator.
Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Say Something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- UPDATE: Owner Reunited with Stolen Property Following Break and Enter Incident in Burlington
- Suspected Burlington Prowler Nabbed By Halton Police
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Halton police search for owners of stolen property
- Do These Items Seized by Police in Burlington Belong to You?