344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 737 total cases found in Halton
The province says that 344 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,300 residents have died of the virus, with 1,519 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 5, Ontario is reporting 29,747 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,372 people have died of the disease, while another 23,583 cases have resolved.
The province says 749 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 94 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 809,053 tests for the virus have been completed and 12,247 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 22,730 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Halton Region's COVID-19 website which was updated on June 5, 666 people have been diagnosed in the region and 25 people have died of the virus. There are 71 probable cases and 737 total cases (up 6 from yesterday’s report).
There are currently 140 cases in Burlington, 249 in Oakville, 192 in Milton, and 155 in Halton Hills.
The website says seven deaths have occurred in Burlington. Three deaths have been reported in Oakville, four in Milton, and 11 deaths have been reported in Halton Hills.
At this time, 614 cases have reportedly resulted in a recovery.
Among the total cases, 78 (11%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak, and among the total deaths, 11 (44%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak.
The region states that municipality counts may be inflated by outbreaks occurring in institutions located in their boundaries.
The province and region are continuing to update their numbers on a daily basis.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Oakville man charged with aggravated assault after spitting in officer's face
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 749 total cases found in Halton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 745 total cases found in Halton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 754 total cases found in Halton
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 779 total cases found in Halton
- 338 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 732 total cases found in Halton