412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 685 total cases found in Halton
The province says that 412 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,000 residents have died of the virus, with 1,282 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 23, Ontario is reporting 25,040 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,048 people have died of the disease, while another 19,146 cases have resolved.
The province says 912 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 147 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 119 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to Halton Region’s COVID-19 website (which was updated on May 23), 610 people have been diagnosed in the region and 25 people have died of the virus. There are 75 probable cases.
There are currently 136 cases in Burlington, 226 in Oakville, 171 in Milton, and 151 in Halton Hills.
The website says seven deaths have occurred in Burlington. Three deaths have been reported in Oakville, four in Milton, and 11 deaths have been reported in Halton Hills.
At this time, 508 cases have reportedly resulted in a recovery.
Among the total cases, 78 (11%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak, and among the total deaths, 11 (44%) have been residents or patients associated with a confirmed institutional outbreak.
The region states that municipality counts may be inflated by outbreaks occurring in institutions located in their boundaries.
The province and region are continuing to update their numbers on a daily basis.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 687 total cases found in Halton
- 287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 699 total cases found in Halton
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 568 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 562 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 694 total cases found in Halton