5 most-watched caught on video moments of 2019 in Halton
Ever since the creation of the camera phone, people have been catching some of the craziest encounters on video for the world to see.
These are the top 5 most-watched caught on video moments from Halton this year.
During a campaign trip to Quebec, before October’s federal election, leader of the federal NDP party, Jagmeet Singh, was approached by a man who suggested he may climb in the polls if he cuts his turban off to “look more Canadian.”
Probably the strangest part of the encounter was towards the end when the man suggested he hoped Singh would win the election.
While many people have a dark fascination with car crashes that prohibits them from looking away when they see one, there is something even more captivating about seeing one that involves fire.
This is likely why few people could pry their eyes off this scene that involved a vehicle fully engulfed in flames in Burlington.
Another vehicle fire that captivated viewers’ attention, this one involved a dump truck that caught fire on the QEW in Oakville.
OPP GTA Traffic (@OPP_GTATraffic) September 17, 2019
The third vehicle fire to make the list, this one happened in Milton. In the video, a transport truck is seen fully engulfed in flames on the westbound 401 near Trafalgar Road.
Spot of bother on 401WB West of Trafalgar at the weigh scales - transport truck fire in progress but no lanes blocked, traffic slow but moving. @680NEWStraffic @570traffic @hwy401 #401 pic.twitter.com/QsrIoZGDo0— K Jacobson (@MistressKofOs) December 20, 2019
With the number of people pilfering packages right off people’s porches on the rise, some delivery drivers have become more ingenious in where they leave their deliveries and how they hide the packages from sight.
These two came up with the clever idea of stashing the package behind the building’s recycling bins to keep it out of sight from people who may be scanning the porch from the road for a new score.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Dump Truck Catches Fire in Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire on the 401 in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Jagmeet Singh Told He Should Cut Turban Off to 'Look More Canadian'
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville