5 Things to Do In and Around Halton for the Long Weekend
What are your plans for the weekend?
Three days off combined with good weather calls for some fun.
It’s time to explore, eat or finally go do that one thing you’ve always wanted to.
As for the bunch who can’t decide, here are some ideas.
Near Oakville, you can choose to be mid-air, with no feel of gravity. Indoor skydiving at iFly is a great way to be trying out skydiving without worrying about that jump out of a plane. Call ahead as they are mostly booked on weekends. But once you’re in, 30-minutes of training and you’re ready to test out what flying is like.
Hike and soak in scenic views
Get a little outdoorsy. Take a hike or simply drive far for those lovely Canadian scenic views. The region has a full list: Rattlesnake Point, Crawford Lake Conservation area, Kelso Conservation area, Bruce trail and more. There are activities at each of these places. You can camp, hike or sit down for a small picnic. That sounds like a great weekend plan, no?
Take a history lesson
Visit a historical lakefront estate, the Oakville Museum or learn the history of golf in Canada at the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame. If art is more up your alley, Oakville Galleries has excellent exhibits. Or visit the Ireland House Museum for an Irish spin on the weekend. If streetcars and old trolleybuses are more exciting, take a scenic ride in a heritage streetcar at the Halton County Radial Railway.
Head out and explore another town or city. You could go for a swim or go for a road trip. If a digital detox is not your style, immerse in the city bustle…although the streets may be emptier because it’s the weekend. You can shop for cheap and eat for cheaper in Toronto’s Chinatown or catch on the latest ice-cream trend and see what the fuss is around Kensington Market. Or perhaps a wine or brew tour of Niagara?
Sample local eats and drinks
There’s so much you can do instead of living under your sheets. What will you be up to this weekend?
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Lanes Blocked on QEW Due to Tractor-Trailer Fire in Oakville
- Suspect Charged Following Burlington Shooting
- Here’s What’s Coming to Netflix Canada in September 2019
- Major Changes Planned For Services Covered by OHIP
- 5 Places Outside of Halton for a Family Day Long Weekend Road Trip
- Food and Craft Beer Festival Coming to Halton This Weekend
- Extreme Weather Expected for August Long Weekend in Halton
- Extremely Hot and Sunny Weather Predicted for Canada Day Long Weekend
- 5 Amazing Places for a Guys' Weekend Getaway Outside Halton