A Lot of Snow is Coming to Halton
This weekend is looking to boast almost April spring like weather, but it looks like the white stuff is on the horizon.
According to the Weather Network a, a beautiful weekend is going to lead into a chilly Monday—and 5-10 cm of now is possible for the beginning of the week. Indeed, it looks like the snow might be more than just a few flurries:
Finally looks like winter across the GTA! Wide range in accumulations - reports of 10 cm north of King City, but just a dusting for much of Niagara; However, the snow won't last long - Friday & Saturday will feel more like early April with sunshine; Messy system early next week pic.twitter.com/2cKiBJkfCH— Doug Gillham (@gtaweather1) January 3, 2019
“At this point, it seems snow is likely at the start for the GTA followed by a period of freezing rain before changing over to rain,” says Dr. Doug Gillham. “However, towards cottage country, eastern Ontario and southern Quebec, snow and ice will dominate.”
“Significant snow totals are likely for parts of the region (including Ottawa and Montreal) and we will have to monitor the risk of significant freezing rain,” Gillham said.
So bundle up and get those snow shovels and plows ready, looks like up to 10 centimetres of snow is heading our way next week!
Will you be ready?
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall