A Major Restaurant Chain is Now Making Dessert Poutine
That’s right, Halton. Dessert. Poutine.
Talk about one of the most Canadian things ever.
If the words dessert and poutine alone made your mouth water, you’ll be excited to know that you can get this epic fries creation at Swiss Chalet.
What’s on them?
Think fries dipped in ice cream.
The dessert dish starts with fresh-cut fries, battered and fried, and tossed in cinnamon sugar.
Then, the golden fries are drizzled in chocolate sauce and topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Canada’s iconic chain is officially serving up these decadent fries for dine-in or take-out, along with some other newly released poutine varieties - taco poutine, shawarma poutine, and rotisserie beef poutine.
Basically, you can eat poutine for dinner and dessert.
Would you try Swiss Chalet’s dessert poutine?
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton