A New Elementary School is Coming to the Town of Oakville
The Town of Oakville is getting a new elementary school.
MPP for Oakville North-Burlington, Effie Triantafilopoulos, recently announced that Lisa Thompson, Minister of Education, has approved the funding for a new elementary school in the town.
This school will be located at Sixth Line and Dundas Street in Ward 7 and will have space for 776 students, along with 88 child care spaces.
The total budget for this project is $20.7 million.
The ministry has worked with the Halton District School Board in order to ensure that this school will provide a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
“I am thrilled to work with MPP Triantafilopoulos, and I applaud her tireless advocacy on behalf of the people of Oakville North-Burlington,” Thompson said in the release.
“Supporting our growing communities with these essential investments is key to ensuring student success and opportunity. The value this project brings to the students and parents of north east Oakville will be felt for years to come. I am proud of our government’s commitment to quality education in Ontario.”
According to Ward 7’s Town Councillor, Jasvinder Sandhu, this school is scheduled to open in 2020.
For the most part, the public’s initial response to this announcement has been positive.
What do you think of this new elementary school coming to Oakville?
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- Brand New School Coming to Oakville
- Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building
- This Halton Elementary School Recently Placed in a Provincial Contest
- A Big Change is Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board