A New Place of Worship Could be Coming to Oakville
A new place of worship may be coming to the town of Oakville.
According to the town, the Ontario Zoroastrian Community Foundation plans to construct a place of worship adjacent to the existing hall on interim private services.
In a press release from earlier this week, the town of Oakville announced that council passed a zoning by-law to allow a 580 m2 (square metre) place of worship, subject to a holding provision.
The subject property is located on the north side of Burnhamthorpe Road East, between Trafalgar Road and Ninth Line.
Any appeals to the proposed zoning by-law amendment must be filed with the Town Clerk at 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON, L6H 0H3.
A copy of the appeal form is available here Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
Only individuals, corporations and public bodies can appeal a by-law to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
A notice of appeal can be filed by an unincorporated association or group but the notice of appeal has to be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or the group on its behalf.
The public can view planning documents and background material at the Planning Services department between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or on the development application page.
The last day to file a notice of appeal is Nov. 5.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Here's How Much You'll Pay with a First Time Home Buyer's Incentive in Halton
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Council Passes Zoning By-law Amendment For New Development in Oakville
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Glen Abbey Zoning
- A New Development Could be Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Development at Glen Abbey
- OMB Sides With City of Burlington in Development Appeal