A Popular KFC Item is Coming Back to Halton
There’s no need to waffle over whether you should eat this wildly comforting sweet, savoury concoction.
An international phenomenon is making its way back to a fast-food restaurant near you, Oakville, Burlington, and Milton peeps.
KFC’s Double Down - the bun-less, all-chicken sandwich- is returning with a brand-new twist.
A delectable Belgian waffle will be sandwiched between chicken fillets, drizzled in a uniquely Canadian maple aioli sauce.
“The Double Down is our most talked about and demanded menu item in Canada, so we wanted to do something special exclusively for Canadian fans,” said KFC’s chief marketing officer Samantha Redman.
“We know fans have been craving chicken and waffles on our menu, and we’re happy to provide this unique take on the trendy food pairing. The maple aioli sauce is a sweet nod to KFC’s Canadian fans.”
The Double Down has proven immensely popular with Canadians every time it comes back.
It debuted in 2010, becoming KFC Canada’s best-selling new menu item ever, selling more than 350,000 sandwiches in its first 10 days.
The Waffle Double Down joins the Zinger Double Down as a variation on the classic recipe.
It’ll be available as of March 26 — for a limited time.
- A Very Unique New Menu Item Has Finally Launched at a Popular Coffee Shop in Canada
- A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Halton and Beyond
- Tim Hortons is Launching a Unique Item for a Limited Time
- Major Fast Food Chain Carrying Fun New Item for Limited Time in Halton
- Will This Popular American Fast Food Joint Open in Halton?