A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Halton and Beyond
Great news if you love sesame seed buns …
Even better if you crave a sizzling piece of meaty goodness on top.
McDonald’s Canada is bringing back a sandwich you’ll likely recognize.
And it’s here for a limited time to kick-off the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the iconic Big Mac.
Canadians may have spotted billboards and ads across the country featuring black-and-white fashion photography and a mysterious date.
As of Jan. 30, the Big Mac Bacon is available in restaurants nationwide.
“Over the course of its 50-year history, the Big Mac has become a culinary icon and the recipe has remained unchanged since its introduction. That’s pretty remarkable,” said McDonald’s Canada chef Jeff Anderson.
“The addition of another Canadian classic -- bacon -- to the sandwich for a limited-time symbolizes the modern McDonald’s journey, with innovative menu items alongside much-loved classics.”
The Big Mac Bacon “sparked a national debate,” according to the company, when it was first launched as a limited-time offer last year.
People all over Canada wondered whether a Big Mac with bacon is still a Big Mac.
The results are in and more than 60 per cent of voters agreed: bacon or not, it is still the one and only Big Mac.
Canada’s first McDonald’s restaurant opened in Richmond, B.C. in 1967.
Today, nearly three million guests are served every day.
- Invented by Jim Delligatti in Pittsburgh, the Big Mac was first served in the United States and Canada in 1968.
- Quebecers love their Big Macs! The province sells the most Big Mac sandwiches compared to any other.
- The most Big Macs sold in a 24-hour period is during the annual McHappy Day(r) fundraising campaign (happening May 2, 2018).
- The Big Mac includes two 100 per cent Canadian beef patties (along with the legendary special sauce, crisp lettuce, processed cheddar cheese, pickles and onions on a toasted sesame seed bun).
- McDonald’s will be celebrating the anniversary around the world with a number of Big-Mac-themed activities throughout the year.
- Big Mac Bacon is available at participating McDonald’s Canada restaurants from January 30th for a limited time only.
(Source: McDonald’s Canada)
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Ford urges anyone from Trinity Bellwoods crowd to get tested for COVID-19
- Thunderstorm warning in effect for Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville
- Police seeking public's assistance in locating dangerous driver in Milton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 694 total cases found in Halton
- McDonald's is Selling 67 Cent Hamburgers in Halton This Week
- McDonald’s Canada Launches Exciting New Menu Item
- Here's How McDonald's Canada is Supporting Charities Across the Country
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Halton?
- Big Changes Could be Coming to McDonald's Classic Hamburgers in Canada