A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Halton
Grab a jacket and be ready to take cover.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
“The threat of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and early this evening is associated with a cold front moving across Southern Ontario. Thunderstorms are also possible well in advance of the front.”
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.
Life hack: When thunder roars, go indoors.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Here’s Why Some Halton Students Could Face Suspension
- It’s Going to be an Extremely Cold Weekend in Halton
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Canadian Tire in Burlington