A Severe Weather Watch is Now in Effect for Halton
Grab your umbrella or stay inside if you can - a severe weather watch is currently in effect.
According to Environment Canada, “dangerous” thunderstorms may develop in Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, in a statement issued Tuesday August 21, 2018.
These thunderstorms might lead to strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes,” reads the statement.
“Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington
- Incredibly Rare Event Happening in Skies Above Halton