A Special Weather Alert is in Effect for Halton
Some dangerous weather could be in store for Halton.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says there could be freezing rain Saturday night followed by 15 to 25 mm of rain.
Residents can also expect gusty winds on Sunday.
Environment Canada says rain will begin late Saturday evening or after midnight. In areas where temperatures remain below the freezing mark, some freezing rain could occur before temperatures rise above zero.
Rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm are expected before the rain tapers off late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.
Ponding of water on streets with blocked storm drains and in low lying areas is possible.
In addition, southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h will develop on Sunday and continue for much of the day.
The rain and wind are associated with a Colorado Low that will track through Northeastern Ontario on Sunday.
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dead After Colliding with Truck in Milton
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- House of the Week: $2.1 Mil Oakville Home With Stunning Master Bathroom