A Unique Thing is Coming to 7-Eleven
There might be something strange coming to your neighbourhood…at least your neighbourhood 7-Eleven.
The major convenience store chain has joined with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Ghost Corps, the publisher Four Thirty Three Inc. and developer Next Age to bring the augmented reality location-based game Ghostbusters World to 7-Eleven’s Canadian stores.According to this press release, this collaboration brings together 7-Eleven and Ghostbusters to ‘transform’ all stores in Canada into ‘Dimensional Doors’ where Ghostbusters World players can collect traps, weapons and other resources that will help them take down ghosts like Slimer, Fearsome Flush, Boogaloo and more.
7-Eleven Dimensional Doors will have an increased spawn rate for 3 ghosts: Goast, Ghost Buffalo, and Sandman, as indicated in the above graphic.
“As the largest name in convenience retail, 7-Eleven is always looking for innovative ways to provide our customers with the best in-store experiences,” said Doug Rosencrans, VP and General Manager of 7-Eleven Canada. “For today’s consumer, this means bridging the gap between mobile devices and physical retail locations.”
Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real-world are “augmented” by computer technology. The well known app game Pokemon GO functions along the same manner.
“We are thrilled to work with 7-Eleven to bring special activations for Ghostbusters World to their locations across Canada,” says Hyunseok Suh, CEO of NextAge. “As the game’s first co-branded effort, we believe this collaboration will mean exciting things for our players as well as 7-Eleven customers and we look forward to expanding on the relationship in the future.”
For more information on Ghostbusters World, see here or check out the video below:
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- Power Outage Affecting Nearly Two Thousand Milton Residents
- Fans Upset After Finger Eleven Performance Cancelled at Burlington Festival
- Here's How You Can Get a Free Summer Drink in Halton
- Free Slurpees are Coming to Halton Very Soon
- Here’s How You Can Get a Free Slurpee in Halton Soon
- No Frills Launches Video Game That Rewards Players With PC Optimum Points