A Weather Advisory is in Effect for Halton
And it’s possibly going to get messy on Monday.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Monday for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.
“A widespread area of snow is expected to arrive for the afternoon commute today,” reads the statement.
Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are likely by early Tuesday.
There’s also “the possibility of locally higher snowfall amounts up to 10 cm closer to the lakeshore due to enhancement off of Lake Ontario.”
Roads may quickly become snow-covered and icy.
Visibilities are expected to be reduced at times in the snow bands.
The snow will taper off to a few flurries early Tuesday morning.
Monday’s predicted high is -5 C with a low of -8 C.
Tuesday’s expected high is -4 C with temperatures expected to drop to - 12 C after dark.
- Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Here's What Doug Ford Intends to do About Gun Violence in Ontario
- Oakville Will Regulate Airbnb and Short-Term Rentals
- Oakville Man Facing Child Porn, Sex Assault Charges
- Oakville Neighbourhood Ranked One of the Last Affordable Areas in the GTA