A Weather Advisory is in Effect for Halton
And it’s possibly going to get messy on Monday.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Monday for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.
“A widespread area of snow is expected to arrive for the afternoon commute today,” reads the statement.
Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are likely by early Tuesday.
There’s also “the possibility of locally higher snowfall amounts up to 10 cm closer to the lakeshore due to enhancement off of Lake Ontario.”
Roads may quickly become snow-covered and icy.
Visibilities are expected to be reduced at times in the snow bands.
The snow will taper off to a few flurries early Tuesday morning.
Monday’s predicted high is -5 C with a low of -8 C.
Tuesday’s expected high is -4 C with temperatures expected to drop to - 12 C after dark.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville