All DriveTest centres in Ontario closing due to COVID-19
Based on the advice of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the province announced today that all full-time DriveTest Centres and part-time Travel Point locations will be closing.
The closures, which take effect starting Monday, March 23, will last until further notice.
“The decision to close was the result of a mutual agreement between the government and service provider,” the province says.
“Ontarians can rest assured they will not lose their current driver’s licences due to this decision and no driver’s licence applicants will lose test fees as a result of the closures.”
Additionally, the current “Fail to Keep Appointment” penalty fee will also be waived.
- 401 on-ramp blocked in Milton due to flooding
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills and Milton
- Special air quality statement in effect for Oakville and Burlington
- Oakville council passes motion calling for mandatory mask bylaw across Halton
- Police arrest youth who barricaded himself in a home in Oakville