Amazon Launches Unique New Feature in Canada
Amazon is a powerhouse.
You can shop on Amazon, buy groceries on Amazon, and now, you can even listen to music through Amazon.
According to a recent press release, on Sept. 26 the company announced the launch of Amazon Music Unlimited in Canada providing customers with an extensive archive of songs from popular artists, as well as playlists, and personalized stations organized by Amazon Music experts.
Using Amazon Music Unlimited, Canadians can access music using voice commands with Alexa, on the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android, and on all Echo devices.
“We’ve seen such a positive customer response from the launch of Prime Music for Canada last year, and with today’s launch we’re excited to bring more customers even more choice and ways of discovering music with Alexa,” Sean McMullan, Head of International Expansion for Amazon Music, said in a recent press release.
“We’re thrilled for our Canadian customers to start streaming with Unlimited today, and begin enjoying expanded voice controls to play music for every moment.”
Amazon Music is currently available in more than 40 countries and is free of ads and includes features such as unlimited skips and playbacks.
The launch of Amazon Music Unlimited for Canada was announced only less than a year after Prime Music launched, an ad-free music streaming service available to members at no additional cost.
Amazon Music Unlimited is available to all customers and offers even more music and ways for users to ask Alexa to play it (Amazon Music users can ask Alexa to play a specific type of music depending on their mood or what they’re doing).
Customers using Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music, are able to ask for music on any Alexa-enabled device, including the Amazon Music app for both iOS and Android, by mood, era, genre, and title.
Users can also request a playlist based on activities they’re doing.
Users can set music alarms to wake up to, build or add a song to a new playlist by asking, or return to a song you were listening to earlier in the day.
With the hands-free listening feature in the Amazon Music app, customers can ask Alexa to play music anywhere.
To learn more about pricing and features, visit amazon.ca/music/unlimited.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- More than two hundred residents affected by power outage in Burlington
- Here Are the Most Popular Items on Amazon Ordered for Christmas
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Everything You Need to Know About The Sound of Music Festival in Burlington This Year
- This Massive Music Festival is Back in Burlington
- These are The Top 10 Canada Music Tours of Summer 2018