AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
Peel Regional Police have advised the public that an 11 year old girl was found dead after being abducted by her father.
According to police, 41-year-old Roopesh Rajkumar was last seen with his 11 year-old daughter, Riya Rajkumar, in the area of Hurontario Street and Derry Road. Riya does not reside with him on a full-time basis. Roopesh Rajkumar was to ensure his daughter returned to be with her mother by a certain time but failed to do so.
He had since made comments indicating he was going to harm himself and his daughter, and was last seen operating a 2005, silver, 2-door Honda Civic with Ontario licence plate ARBV 598.
Police confirmed that Roopesh Rajkumar has been located and arrested but Riya has been located deceased at a Brampton residence.
Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau has taken carriage of this investigation.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton
- UPDATE: Father Charged Following Murder of 11-Year-Old Daughter
- AMBER ALERT: Police Looking for Man Who Abducted His Daughter in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Riya Rajkumar's Father Dies
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter
- Funeral Planned on Wednesday for 11 Year Old Riya Rajkumar