AMBER ALERT: Police Looking for Man Who Abducted His Daughter in Mississauga
An Amber Alert has been issued by Peel Regional Police concerning the abduction of an 11 year old girl by her father in Mississauga.
According to police, 41-year-old Roopesh Rajkumar was last seen with his 11 year-old daughter, Riya Rajkumar, in the area of Hurontario Street and Derry Road. Riya does not reside with him on a full-time basis. Roopesh Rajkumar was to ensure his daughter returned to be with her mother by a certain time but failed to do so.
He has since made comments indicating he was going to harm himself and his daughter and was last seen operating a 2005, silver, 2-door Honda Civic with Ontario licence plate ARBV 598.
Riya is described as female, brown, 4'0", 60 lbs, thin build, below shoulder black hair. Wearing pink dress with hearts, black boots, black tights, black jacket with fur-lined hood.
She also has a black/white purse with a pink heart that has an R in it.
Residents are advised to call 911 if either have been seen.
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Here's how much car insurance rates will be increasing in 2020
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
- UPDATE: Father Charged Following Murder of 11-Year-Old Daughter
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter
- Riya Rajkumar's Mother Speaks Out After Daughter's Death
- BREAKING: Riya Rajkumar's Father Dies