An Exciting Event is Coming to the Milton Public Library Soon
An exciting event is coming to the Milton Public Library soon, for the first time ever.
On July 15 (this Monday), at the Beaty Branch, the Milton Public Library will be hosting its first-ever ‘Family Egg Drop Challenge’. A challenge where families must work together to build a container to protect a raw egg from a high fall.
“Residents are encouraged to register as a family and work together to build a container that will keep a raw egg safe when dropped from the roof of Beaty Branch,” reads a recent press release. “Families can register online or in-person with a library card (space is limited) and then get working on their creations!”
On Monday, between 1 and 4:30 p.m., participants are to bring their containers, and registrations forms, to the Beaty Branch. Staff will be handing out the eggs during this time.
However, the big event will take place at 6:30 p.m.
“Three egg containers will be thrown off the roof in succession and judges will be on hand to inspect the participating containers after each fall,” notes the release. “Various prizes will be awarded for categories such as durability, creativity, book-related design, simplicity, aesthetics and more.”
And on July 13, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. the library will be hosting an Egg Drop Challenge Creation Station for families who need some extra inspiration, or help with their creations. Here, families will be able to see some examples, and all building materials will be provided.
Will you be participating in this event?
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Burlington Resident Rich After Winning Massive Lotto Prize
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Road Closed Due to Fuel Spill in Oakville
- Popular Internet Company Launches New TV Service Across Ontario
- Milton Public Library Encouraging Children and Families to Read This Summer
- An Exciting Event is Taking Place at the Oakville Public Library Soon
- Big Changes are Coming to This Branch of The Oakville Public Library
- Big Changes are Coming to the Oakville Public Library’s Glen Abbey Branch
- Here’s What the Newest Milton Library Branch Will Look Like