Another Arrest in $2.7M Break and Enter Ring in Halton
In early 2018, Halton police, with the assistance of the Toronto Police Service, York Regional Police, and the Canada Border Services Agency commenced an investigation into a series of residential break and enters in the Greater Toronto Area.
As a result of this large scale investigation, 14 members of an organized crime group originating from South America were arrested.
Over 100 hundred charges were laid and approximately $2,700,000 worth of stolen property was recovered.
On May 23, 2018, one additional member of this organized crime group who had previously fled the country was arrested upon trying to re-enter Canada and was transported to Halton Regional Police Service’s 2 District.
Anibal Norberto Canales Aranciba , 26, of Chile, has been charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000. The accused is being held for a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Det. Ron Strauch of the Halton Regional Police Service 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 Ex. 2255
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Hundreds of Stolen Items Seized from Crime Group in Halton
- Suspect Arrested Following Residential Break and Enters in Oakville
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Oakville Man Arrested for Break and Enter