Another Sex Assault Charge Laid Against Georgetown Music Teacher
A Georgetown music teacher is facing a new sex assault charge.
Another victim came forward, say Halton police.
The child abuse and sexual assault unit began an investigation into the conduct of a 73-year-old man after receiving multiple complaints.
The suspect was a singing/music instructor in the 1980’s and 1990’s who offered private lessons from his Georgetown home, say investigators, as well as in clients’ homes.
Arthur “Dale” Wood of Markdale was arrested on March 27 and charged with three counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual interference.
Further investigation has revealed another victim, police allege.
The suspect was arrested again on April 20 and charged with another count of sexual assault.
Wood was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear in Milton court on May 14.
Anyone who may have any additional information is asked to contact Det. Joe Barr (905-465-8969) or Det.-Sgt Chris Newcombe (905-465-8965) of the child abuse and sexual assault unit.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Georgetown Music Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault