Another Sex Assault Charge Laid Against Georgetown Music Teacher
A Georgetown music teacher is facing a new sex assault charge.
Another victim came forward, say Halton police.
The child abuse and sexual assault unit began an investigation into the conduct of a 73-year-old man after receiving multiple complaints.
The suspect was a singing/music instructor in the 1980’s and 1990’s who offered private lessons from his Georgetown home, say investigators, as well as in clients’ homes.
Arthur “Dale” Wood of Markdale was arrested on March 27 and charged with three counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual interference.
Further investigation has revealed another victim, police allege.
The suspect was arrested again on April 20 and charged with another count of sexual assault.
Wood was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear in Milton court on May 14.
Anyone who may have any additional information is asked to contact Det. Joe Barr (905-465-8969) or Det.-Sgt Chris Newcombe (905-465-8965) of the child abuse and sexual assault unit.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Internal audit of Scheer’s expenses turns up money on school, clothes, minivan
- Georgetown Music Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault