Around the Bay race will force several Burlington road closures on Sunday
Several roads will closed in Burlington on Sunday, Mar. 27, for the Around the Bay Road Race.
The closures will be in effect from approximately 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Burlington motorists will be affected by the following closures:
- QEW Toronto-bound exit ramp to North Shore Boulevard East. Detour via Fairview Street.
- North Shore Boulevard East Niagara-bound entry ramp to the QEW. Detour via Fairview Street.
- Plains Road West at York Boulevard. Detour via Hwy. 6 and 403.
- North Shore Boulevard closed from QEW ramps to Plains Road – Westbound lane open for emergency vehicles and resident access only. Through traffic not permitted.
Streets will reopen as the last participant passes. Vehicles parked illegally in the event area will be tagged or towed to allow emergency access. Traffic on roads next to the race route will experience significant delays. Residents are urged to use alternate routes to minimize congestion surrounding the route area.
The following roads will have lane closures:
- Southbound lane of King Rd., from Plains Rd. E. to North Shore Blvd. E., local access only. Northbound traffic not affected.
- Eastbound curb lane of Plains Rd. W. from York Blvd. to North Shore Blvd. W. Two-way traffic maintained.
Police will be stationed at major intersections and traffic islands. Event marshals will be available at minor intersections and driveways to assist drivers. Race notices were delivered to all residences, religious centres and businesses affected by the races.
There will also be some Burlington Transit delays and detours:
- Bus route detours in effect for Route 1 and 4.
- HSR Parkdale Route 11 bus will detour via the QEW and Maple Ave. to the John St. terminal.
For information about road closures or traffic control, call the City of Burlington’s event liaison at 905-335-7600, ext. 7704.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising