Arrests made following string of burglaries in Burlington
Published May 10, 2023 at 6:06 pm
Four people have been arrested following a police investigation into a series of break-ins in Burlington.
Halton Regional Police say the burglaries took place mostly at homes in the Aldershot area in the west end of the city. but also at Maplehurst Public School and the Burlington Golf and Country Club.
Late last week officers raided a home which led to the arrests. Several items that had been reported stolen were also recovered.
Recovered items include power tools and electronics.
The four people arrested and held for bail are:
- Ashley Doyle, 25, of no fixed address
- Anthony Benedetti, 33, of no fixed address
- Amber Forrester, 29, of Burlington
- Reed Vanry, 26, of Burlington
All four are charged with the following:
- Possession of trafficking property obtained by crime
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of break and enter tools
- Possession of counterfeit currency
- Possessing a prohibited weapon
Doyle, Benedetti and Vanry are also charged with breaching a release order.
Investigators are making efforts to contact the owners of the recovered property.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2316.
inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising