Autopsies Underway for Oakville Couple Found Dead
Post-mortem examinations are being conducted on Thursday following the discovery of two bodies in an Oakville home, say Halton police.
Autopsies are taking place the day after police found the Oakville couple dead in their house on Wednesday, Sgt. Dana Nicholas confirmed.
A weapons-related call from 1414 Summerhill Cres. sent tactical officers to the northeast end of town shortly before 5 a.m. on Jan. 17.
Officers arrived, finding one male and one female.
Police remained on scene near Bayshire Dr. and Summerhill Cres., near Upper Middle Rd. E. and Joshuas Creek Dr., for the day.
They found two people, since identified as Prem Singh, 69, and Jan Singh, 70.
Investigators have been tight-lipped about the case, only saying there’s no threat to public safety.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the homicide unit at 905-825-4776 or Crime Stoppers “See Something, Hear Something, Know Something - Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long