Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga
Have you been in the mood for exceptional Italian food and haven't been quite sure where to go to get it? Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when places that serve exceptional Italian cuisine are plentiful across cities.
So, where do you go when you need some pasta in your life?
When it come to great Italian food, every ingredient counts. Is the pizza dough soft and crunchy in all the right places? Is the pasta savoury and cooked to perfection? Are the salads tasty and creative? Is the cheese selection on point?
Both Mississauga and Burlington are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable Italian joints--but only one city can have the absolute best Italian place.
What places were competing?
Mississauga has some choice hotspots for Italian food, including the Port Credit gem Aielli Ristorante, the popular Streetsville hotspot Goodfellas, the ever popular (and hard to get a table at) Papa Giuseppe's, the Clarkson area Casalinga and our number one pick, the eternally popular Michael's Back Door. While the Michael's Back Door is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're in the mood for a truly tasty dinner.
Burlington, a modest but sophisticated city with an enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to Italian food. Some hot spots to check out? The hip Italian bar-slash-gastropub Culaccino, the relatively new (and very atmospheric) Beldeni's Italian Kitchen, Aldershot gem Nonna's Cucina Ristorante, the beloved and long-standing Di Mario's Trattoria and our number one pick, newly opened downtown gem (and Hamilton export) The Express Italian Eatery. You can't really go wrong with any of these joints when you have an Italian food craving to satisfy.
We asked you which city has the best Italian food and you voted.
Here are the results!
On the website:
And on Instagram:
On the website, Mississauga beat out Burlington, and it looks like Instagram users sided with Mississauga as well--74 per cent to 26 per cent.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some Italian food?
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Ford Government Proposes To End OHIP Out-Of-Country Traveller's Program
- Best Italian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga
- Best Italian Food Battle: Oakville Vs. Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Port Credit
- Battle Results! Best Indian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Japanese Food Battle: Halton vs. Mississauga