Battle Results! Best Pho Battle: Oakville vs. Mississauga
Have you been in the mood for some exceptional pho and haven't been quite sure where to go to get it?
Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when places that serve delicious pho are plentiful across cities.
When it comes to great pho restaurants, everything is important. Is the medium rare beef truly medium rare and deliciously pink in the middle? Is the broth hot and flavourful? Is the hot sauce container full and ready to go.
Both Mississauga and Oakville are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable Vietnamese joints—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
What places were competing?
When you want to indulge in one of the tastiest (and most affordable) soups on the planet, you don't have to go far to find the perfect pho resto in Mississauga. The city has some choice hotspots for your pho craving, including the ever popular Cooksville area Pho Do Thi, the long-standing Big Bowl in the Dundas and Erin Mills Parkway area, the new-ish I Love Pho near Square One, the elegant and striking Pho Ngoc Yen and our number one pick, the well-loved and eternally popular Pho Queen City. While Pho Queen City is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're in the mood for a truly tasty lunch or dinner.
If you're looking for exceptional pho, Oakville has got you covered. What are some places more than worth checking out? The relatively new (and relatively creative!) Pho Vuho in the Dundas and Trafalgar area, the tasty and unique Thai Senses on Lakeshore, the indulgent gem (that's perfect for the extra-hungry diner) Pho MaMa on Dundas St. W., the dependably delicious Funky Thai 2 Goand our number one pick, the elegantly decorated and always tasty Pho Mi 89 on Prince Michael Drive. While Pho Mi 89 is number one on the list, there's no shortage of pho variety in Oakville.
We asked you which city has the best pho and you voted.
Here are the results!
And on the website:
On the website, Mississauga beat out Oakville by 73 per cent to 27 per cent. It looks like Instagram users strongly preferred Mississauga, with the city beating out Oakville 79 per cent to 21 per cent.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some great pho?
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Best Pho Battle: Oakville vs. Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Japanese Food Battle: Halton vs. Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Shawarma Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville
- Battle Results! Best Indian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga