Here are the beaches safe for swimming in Oakville, Burlington
Published June 22, 2023 at 3:02 pm
Beaches along the lakefront in Burlington and Oakville have been determined to be safe for swimmers this week.
Water testing completed by Halton Region Public Health has found that it is okay to take a plunge following a week where it was unsafe to do so at some locations.
Here are the safe locations:
- Beachway Park, 1094 Lakeshore Rd., Burlington
- Brant Street Beach, Lakeshore/Brant St., Burlington
- Bronte Beach Park, Lakeshore Rd./Bronte Rd., Oakville
- Coronation Park East, 1426 Lakeshore Rd. W., Oakville
- Coronation Park West, 1426 Lakeshore Rd. W., Oakville
- South Shell Park Beach, 3376 Lakeshore Rd. W., Oakville
Testing is done weekly from June until September to monitor any contaminants that could affect the health of those who go into the water.
Contaminants such as algar or E. Coli or other debris can lead to infections, stomach illnesses and other health issues.
When a body of water is deemed unsafe a warning will be posted at the site.
inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising