Beef Product Sold at Oakville Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
Diners who have frequented one of several affected restaurants should be aware that a popular roast beef product has been recalled from the market due to the possible presence of harmful bacteria.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) recently announced that Erie Meat Products Ltd. is recalling Druxy’s Fresh Deli Revolution brand Seasoned Cooked Roast Beef from the marketplace due to possible listeria contamination.
The following product has been sold from Druxy’s Famous Deli restaurants and the restaurant locations in Ontario shown below.
Graphic courtesy of CFIA
The CFIA says this product has been portioned and served at these locations without a label or coding. If you’re not sure if you have consumed or purchased the affected product, you are advised to contact the restaurant.
Food contaminated with listeria may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth.
In severe cases of illness, people may die.
If you have recently eaten roast beef at one of these locations and feel sick, you should contact your doctor.
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Police Searching for Milton-Based Contractor Following Verbal Assault Incident
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
- 5 Affordable Couple Getaways Near Halton
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Halton Due to Possible Contamination
- Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- This Product has Been Recalled Due to Possible Dangerous Bacteria
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Product Recalled Due to Salmonella