Beloved American breakfast restaurant could open location in Halton soon
There are many things about Niagara Falls that make the city the ideal tourist destination, such as the falls themselves, the cheesy but fun Clifton Hill, the proximity to wine country and one very precious Canadian IHOP location.
IHOP, a beloved American breakfast chain that everyone has visited at least once while vacationing in Florida over March Break, is known for its substantial dishes and scrumptious shredded hashbrowns.
And it could be coming to Halton soon.
Dine Brands International recently announced that it's come to an agreement with Minhas Holdings to bring the IHOP brand to exclusive locations in the GTA.
The agreement calls for 15 new IHOP locations over seven years. The first location is expected to open mid-year 2020.
"IHOP is a strong brand with a huge fan base around the world, and we are excited to expand its presence in Canada," said Saeed Minhas, CEO of Minhas Holdings.
"We can't wait for guests in the Greater Toronto Area to experience the brand's warm hospitality and commitment to quality in its breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu offerings."
The new locations are expected to create approximately 900 jobs and contribute up to $15 million to the construction industry in the GTA.
"Canada is a great strategic business choice for expansion outside of the U.S. for many reasons including geographic proximity and great brand awareness," said William Urrego, Vice President of International Operations, Dine Brands Global. "We are interested in further expanding our presence in Canada and we are looking for great partners to take that step with us."
Earlier this year, Dine Brands also announced a five-restaurant agreement in the Atlantic provinces with the first IHOP location expected to open in Moncton in December of this year.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- This Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant is Now Open in Oakville
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening A Brand New GTA Location
- Popular BBQ Restaurant Set to Open Brand New Location in Oakville
- Renowned American Store Opens Brand New Location in GTA
- Could This Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Open in Halton?