Beloved Oakville Restaurant Permanently Closed
A popular Oakville gem is no longer with us.
One of the town’s most beloved restaurants recently revealed—much to the shock and disappointment of its long-standing, regular patrons—that it’s closing its doors for good.
After giving customers some time to adjust to the news (which was announced at the entrance of its Upper Middle Road plaza and on the resto’s door), the beloved Niblick Pub officially closed its doors for good.
The closure came as a shock to many—myself included.
The pub, which had been around for 15 years, became one of my most beloved haunts after a friend revealed that it was a great place to go for a post-class beverage back in 2005.
I will forever miss its traditional yorkies.
The Niblick served its last customers on Aug. 31.
On its website, The Upper Oakville Shopping Centre says a new restaurant will take the pub’s place.
We’ll provide more news on that as details become available.
In the meantime, farewell to Niblick—thanks for the memories.
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- Power Outage Affecting Nearly Two Thousand Milton Residents