Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Downtown Oakville Vs. Downtown Burlington
There is no battle more serious and important than the battle between two cities vying to be recognized as the best place to go when you’re in the mood for a little downtown-area cuisine.
We at inHalton.com have searched far and wide for the best downtown-area restaurants in both cities and our Top 5 picks are about to battle it out—and you can vote on your favourite in the poll below.
If there’s one thing the Halton Region has done right, it’s its waterfront areas. While some could argue—convincingly, may we add—that both Toronto and Mississauga dropped the ball (to an extent) on their waterfront areas, no could say the same about Oakville or Burlington. Their downtown cores, beautifully situated on Lakeshore Blvd., are lovely places to visit all year round.
Both Burlington and Oakville are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable downtown options—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
So, here’s a look at each city’s best spots on our signature Top 5 lists on inHalton.com.
Which one will you be visiting tonight?
Top 5 Places to Eat in Downtown Burlington
When you want to impress your date, friend or boss, nothing beats a filling dinner at a trendy resto. Burlington has some choice downtown hotspots for your fun-filled evenings, including the always satisfying and atmospheric Paradiso, the low-key but loveable Papa Giuseppe’s, the hidden gem Downtown Bistro and Grill, the hip and stunning Culaccino Bar + Kitchen and our number one pick, the quaint and always delicious Martini House. While Martini House is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you’re in the mood for a truly tasty dinner.
Top 5 Best Restaurants in Downtown Oakville
Oakville, a small but sophisticated town with an enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to downtown restaurants. Some hot spots to check out? The town’s very own Paradiso, the posh and delicious Seasons, the creative and reliably tasty Noble Bistro, the charming and relatively new Borgo Antico and our number one pick, the classic and high end Oliver’s Steakhouse. You can’t really go wrong with any of these joints when you want to spend a night downtown.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Delays expected after train collides with vehicle in Oakville
- Upcoming teachers' strike to affect multiple school boards in Ontario
- Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Downtown Oakville Vs. Port Credit in Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Port Credit
- Best Date Night Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Mississauga
- Best Italian Food Battle: Burlington vs. Mississauga
- Best Japanese Food Battle: Halton vs. Mississauga