Big Changes are Coming to This Oakville Park
A popular park in the Town of Oakville is being revitalized and big changes are coming to a number of other parks in the town.
According to the town, the Parks and Open Spaces Department has been undertaking public consultation on a number of parks and open space blocks in relation to the former hospital site.
One of the parks in question is Wallace Park.
Two concept plans were created to outline a potential plan for this park.
Earlier this year, the town held two public meeting, one in February and one in April, where staff indicated that out of the two concept plans created only the preferred one would be later presented at another public meeting.
Some things that are included in the preferred concept plan are a junior and senior playground, an artificial ice surface, in addition to still having lots of open space.
You can find preferred concept for Wallace Park here: Wallace Park Design Concept
Now, another public meeting is being held where this concept will be presented.
Residents are invited to come to this meeting where the town will discuss the preferred plan for the revitalization of Wallace Park as well as summarize the public comments, including feedback from youth.
The meeting will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Town Hall, located at 1225 Trafalgar Rd., in the Bronte and Palermo Meeting Rooms.
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- A New Highway is Moving Forward in the GTA
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Due To Collision In Oakville
- Suspect Arrested After Stealing Tip Jar From Tamp Coffee in Burlington
- Residents Invited to Weigh in on the Future of Parks, Trails, and Open Spaces in Oakville
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Development at Glen Abbey
- Check Out the New Park in Milton!
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Glen Abbey Zoning
- Public Meeting in Oakville Will Address Glen Abbey Plans