Big Changes Coming to Whole Foods Market
It’s official - Amazon has officially taken over Whole Foods Market and some changes are coming to the natural and organic food giant. If you shop at the grocery store's Oakville location on Cornwall Rd., you’ll want to be aware of them.
The $14 billion merger has been made evident at Whole Foods stores across Canada, and Amazon’s presence at Whole Foods can’t be missed. As their first change, Amazon has slashed prices on several items at Whole Foods. For anyone that shops there and knows about Whole Foods’s higher-end prices, that might come as a relief!
New, lower prices are now available “on a selection of best-selling grocery staples across its stores, with more to come,” said Whole Foods in a statement.
These best-selling staples include Whole Trade organic bananas, responsibly-farmed salmon, organic large brown eggs, almond butter, organic Gala and Fuji apples, organic rotisserie chicken, 365 Everyday Value organic butter, and animal-welfare-rated 85% lean ground beef, and more.
“We’re determined to make healthy and organic food affordable for everyone. Everybody should be able to eat Whole Foods Market quality - we will lower prices without compromising Whole Foods Market’s long-held commitment to the highest standards,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO of Amazon Worldwide Consumer.
Further, Amazon Prime is set to become the customer rewards program at Whole Foods.
“Amazon and Whole Foods Market technology teams will begin to integrate Amazon Prime into the Whole Foods Market point-of-sale system, and when this work is complete, Prime members will receive special savings and in-store benefits,” said the statement from Whole Foods.
But lower prices are not all that’s in the works. Several Whole Foods items will soon be available through Amazon. That includes private label products like 365 Everyday Value, Whole Foods Market, Whole Paws and Whole Catch, which will be available through Amazon.com, AmazonFresh, Prime Pantry and Prime Now.
Amazon Lockers will also be available in select Whole Foods stores. Customers will be able to have products shipped from Amazon.com to their local Whole Foods store for pick up or send returns back to Amazon during a trip to the store.
According to Whole Foods, there are even more changes to come, so keep your eyes peeled.
There are 13 Whole Foods locations in Canada, including one in Mississauga at 155 Square One Drive.
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged with break and enter while family was sleeping: Halton Police
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- These Were the Top 5 Items Bought by Canadians on Amazon Prime Day
- Will Drones One Day Deliver Your Groceries in Halton?
- Amazon Launches Unique New Feature in Canada
- Food processor Maple Leaf Foods to pay weekly bonuses to hourly staff