A New Brewery is Coming to Milton
Good news for all you beer lovers in Milton, a new brewery is coming to town.
The construction process for the brewery, which will be called Third Moon Brewing Company Incorporated, is currently underway.
And in addition, the brewery is also currently in the process of getting licencing done.
Third Moon Brewing Company Incorporated is looking to apply to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for a 'By the Glass' licence.
This licence, according to the AGCO's website, allows wineries, breweries, and distilleries, to sell and serve their products for consumption on their manufacturing site(s). The sale, notes the website, should primarily be geared towards endorsing the product and either providing an enhanced tourist experience, or an educational purpose.
"Under a 'By the Glass' licence, guests are allowed to carry and consume wine, beer and spirits on the manufacturing site in areas that are under the sole control of the manufacturer and approved under the licence," reads the website.
However, before a facility can apply for this licence, a municipal resolution must be passed by council in support of the licence.
With that being said, Third Moon Brewing Company Incorporated has sent a written request to the town of Milton for a resolution to be passed.
According to a report, that will go to council on July 22, 2019, it has been recommended that council support the brewery's request and endorse their application to obtain a 'By the Glass' licence.
If council supports the resolution, and if the application is accepted, the brewery will only be able to sell beer between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. every day of the week.
Click here to read the report in full.
Do you think this recommendation should be approved?
Third Moon Brewing Company Incorporated is expected to open in the fall, and will be located at 295 Alliance Rd., (units 2 and 3) in Milton.
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- UPDATE: Four arrested after series of overnight robberies in Burlington and Milton
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle removed after striking pole
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Here’s Everything We Know About This New Brewery Coming to Halton Hills
- New Brewery in Halton Hills Celebrates its Grand Opening
- Here's What the New Ontario Driver's Licence Will Look Like
- Should Ontario Teachers Who Touch Students Inappropriately Be Allowed to Keep Their Licence?
- Ford Government Unveils New Ontario Licence Plates