Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
Officers are investigating after a discovery was made this afternoon.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 16, Halton police say the body of a deceased person was found in Lake Ontario.
The discovery was made near the left bridge in Hamilton Harbour, police report.
The body has been removed and the investigation is ongoing.
At this time, police believe the incident is not suspicious.
We’ll update with further information as it becomes available.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Multiple individuals charged for impaired driving offences within Halton Region
- Close to 6,000 Milton homes and businesses without power
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Halton police investigating body found in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- UPDATE: Circumstances regarding body found near Burlington Lift Bridge not considered suspicious
- Body Found in Water Near Burlington Pier
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police