Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
Officers are investigating after a discovery was made this afternoon.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 16, Halton police say the body of a deceased person was found in Lake Ontario.
The discovery was made near the left bridge in Hamilton Harbour, police report.
The body has been removed and the investigation is ongoing.
At this time, police believe the incident is not suspicious.
We’ll update with further information as it becomes available.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Delays expected after train collides with vehicle in Oakville
- Upcoming teachers' strike to affect multiple school boards in Ontario
- UPDATE: Circumstances regarding body found near Burlington Lift Bridge not considered suspicious
- Body Found in Water Near Burlington Pier
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
- Police Investigating After Empty Kayak Found in Lake Ontario in Burlington