Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
Hamilton Police say they pulled a body from Lake Ontario near the lift bridge canal Tuesday (Nov. 19) morning.
Police say the HPS Marine Unit was dispatched to the area around 11:30 a.m. to reports that a body had been spotted by a citizen in the water.
Reports were confirmed and the body has been taken from the water. Investigators remain on the scene.
No further details will be released at this time as the investigation is still in its very early stages, police said.
.@HPSMarine unit has recovered a body from Lake Ontario near the entrance to the lift bridge canal. @OPP_GTATraffic @HRPSBurl @HamiltonPolice @HOPAports on scene investigating #HamOnt pic.twitter.com/L80dO8LuGr— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) November 19, 2019
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- Former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez dies
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Hamilton-Burlington