Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
Hamilton Police say they pulled a body from Lake Ontario near the lift bridge canal Tuesday (Nov. 19) morning.
Police say the HPS Marine Unit was dispatched to the area around 11:30 a.m. to reports that a body had been spotted by a citizen in the water.
Reports were confirmed and the body has been taken from the water. Investigators remain on the scene.
No further details will be released at this time as the investigation is still in its very early stages, police said.
.@HPSMarine unit has recovered a body from Lake Ontario near the entrance to the lift bridge canal. @OPP_GTATraffic @HRPSBurl @HamiltonPolice @HOPAports on scene investigating #HamOnt pic.twitter.com/L80dO8LuGr— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) November 19, 2019
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington