Bomb Threat Being Investigated by Police at Oakville School
Halton Police are investigating a bomb threat at an Oakville school.
Earlier this morning (Feb. 13) police received information related to a bomb threat to Holy Trinity School in Oakville.
Police conducted a thorough search of the premises and no suspicious items were located.
Police believe this threat is a swatting incident - when someone prank calls the police regarding another person and gets them to send the swat team after them.
We will provide more details as they become available.
On Feb. 13, 2019 at around 4:06 a.m. Halton Police received information of a bomb threat to Holy Trinity Secondary School in Oakville.
Prior to students arriving at the school, police went to the location and completed a thorough sweep of the building. Nothing suspicious was located.
The school was opened to students and faculty at 8:05 a.m, according to police.
Police are confident there is no threat to students or persons related to this incident and believe this to be a ‘swatting’ occurrence.
Halton Regional Police Service’s 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau will be continuing the investigation into this threat, however, currently no arrests have been made.
The Halton Regional Police Service’s school liaison officer will remain on scene at the school today.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Halton Police at 905-825-4777 or contact 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-824-4777 ext. 2215.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- 5 Affordable Couple Getaways Near Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Reports of Threats at Burlington High School are False: Police
- Here's What Happened With Threats at a Burlington High School
- One Male in Custody Following Incident at Oakville School
- Halton Police Seek Suspicious Man in Minivan at Burlington School
- Police Investigate Social Media Threats at a Burlington High School