Brantford Man Accused of Stealing From Burlington Cars
A Brantford man is being charged for allegedly breaking into cars at a major Burlington attraction and a cemetery.
Halton police have been investigating several thefts from vehicles since the beginning of June.
The incidents have been taking place in Aldershot at the Royal Botanical Gardens and Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
That’s where a suspect got into vehicles through unlocked doors and by smashing windows.
The man then stole purses and used stolen credit cards at various locations in Hamilton, investigators allege.
An arrest was made on June 18.
Richard James Blasdell, 49, is facing three counts of theft under $5,000; two counts of fraud under $5,000; two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000.
He was released on a promise to appear in Milton court on July 11.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Urie of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2338.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek