'Brazen' Booze Thief Sought in Milton
A suspected liquor thief hit up the same LCBO store in Milton three times in one week and Halton police are asking the public to help find him.
The first incident took place on Jan. 25 at 1:18 p.m.
A male suspect attended the LCBO located at 1025 Bronte St. S. and hid a 1.4 litre bottle of vodka.
During the alleged theft, the suspect was confronted by staff and replied, “What are you going to do?”
He then left the store making no attempt to pay, say police.
The second case was on Jan. 29 at 8:29 p.m.
Investigators say the same suspect returned, this time taking a 1.4 litre bottle of gin, allegedly placing it inside his sweater before leaving.
As the suspect walked past the checkout, he told employees to “have a nice day,” police say.
The man came back on Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. for another 1.4 litre bottle of vodka, again leaving the store without making any attempt to pay.
The total estimated value of all the combined thefts is just under $200.
The man is described as white, in his 30’s, standing 6-feet, weighing 200 pounds with a medium build. He’s clean-shaven and was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, white running shoes, and a black toque with a DC clothing logo.
Anyone who may have information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Randy Sorrell of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2113 or Det. Barrett Gabriel at 905-825-4747 ext. 2417.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Charges Laid in 'Brazen' Booze Theft in Milton
- Police Searching for Suspect After Vodka Stolen From LCBO in Burlington
- Can You ID This Burlington LCBO Theft Suspect?
- Police Searching for Suspect Following LCBO Incident in Milton
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Shoplifting Incident at LCBO in Burlington