Bridge Closed in Milton
Milton residents who choose to travel on foot or bicycle will want to take note of a bridge closure.
The Town of Milton says existing glass is being removed from the CPR Pedestrian Bridge, which is closed for repairs until August 31.
Crews will be installing new glass that’s less prone to breakage and can also be replaced from the inside.
The pedestrian bridge opened in 2013 and is located over the existing Canadian Pacific Railway tracks between Thompson Rd. and James Snow Pkwy.
It allows for a pedestrian link between Clarke and Dempsey neighbourhoods.
The bridge also provides more direct access to a variety of key destinations in town, including the GO Station, Bishop Reding Secondary School, the Milton Leisure Centre, Centre for the Arts, Memorial Arena, Lions Sports Park and downtown area.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Milton
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water