Brothers Arrested After Vehicle Stolen in Oakville
Two brothers are facing charges in connection with a series of thefts in Oakville and surrounding cities.
Halton police allege that on the night of Nov. 24, 2018, an SUV was stolen from the driveway of a residence on Orchard Drive. Police also allege that the suspects entered a second vehicle on Orchard Drive and stole a wallet.
Police say the credit cards from the wallet were fraudulently used to purchase gasoline later that evening in Mississauga.
On Dec. 10, 2018, Joshua Murphy, 19, was located in the City of Hamilton and arrested.
Police allege the accused was operating a stolen vehicle that was taken from a residence in Mississauga.
On Dec. 11, 2018, Jesse Murphy, 19, was located in the Town of Grimsby and arrested. At the time of his arrest, the accused was allegedly found operating a stolen vehicle that was taken from a storage facility in Milton.
Both of the accused have been charged with theft of a motor vehicle, theft under $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime and more.
The brothers were subsequently held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Tim Woollands of the Halton Regional Police Service at 905-825-4747 ext. 2208.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence