Brothers Arrested After Vehicle Stolen in Oakville
Two brothers are facing charges in connection with a series of thefts in Oakville and surrounding cities.
Halton police allege that on the night of Nov. 24, 2018, an SUV was stolen from the driveway of a residence on Orchard Drive. Police also allege that the suspects entered a second vehicle on Orchard Drive and stole a wallet.
Police say the credit cards from the wallet were fraudulently used to purchase gasoline later that evening in Mississauga.
On Dec. 10, 2018, Joshua Murphy, 19, was located in the City of Hamilton and arrested.
Police allege the accused was operating a stolen vehicle that was taken from a residence in Mississauga.
On Dec. 11, 2018, Jesse Murphy, 19, was located in the Town of Grimsby and arrested. At the time of his arrest, the accused was allegedly found operating a stolen vehicle that was taken from a storage facility in Milton.
Both of the accused have been charged with theft of a motor vehicle, theft under $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime and more.
The brothers were subsequently held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Tim Woollands of the Halton Regional Police Service at 905-825-4747 ext. 2208.
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Two arrested after property stolen from vehicle in Georgetown
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton
- Two men from Peel Region charged in Oakville vehicle thefts: Halton Police