Building Evacuated Due to Chemical Leak in Oakville
Officers, paramedics, and Oakville Fire are on scene for a chemical leak today.
Around 7:10 p.m., police reported that there was an ethylene glycol leak at the Granary condominium on 100 Lakeshore Road East.
Early investigation leads police to believe that the source of the leak is the cooling system on the residential highrise’s third floor.
Two unconfirmed exposures have been reported, police say.
The building is being evacuated to ensure safety. Oakville Fire Department and Halton Paramedics are on scene assisting residents.
Police say there is no danger to other residents in the area.
Residents are asked to avoid the area to allow space for emergency vehicles and responders.
UPDATE: Upon further evaluation by Oakville FD, the leak is considered to be minor in nature. The building will not be evacuated, police say.
Three residents are being treated for exposure as a precaution.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton