Burlington and Oakville Earn Troubling Rankings on List of Rattiest Places
When it comes to combating rodents in the province, Halton is no stranger to the fight against the pesky animals.
The national pest control provider Orkin Canada recently released its list of Ontario’s Top 25 “Rattiest” Cities, and both Burlington and Oakville have made the cut.
The list was compiled of cities ranked by the number of rodent treatments, involving both rats and mice, the company performed from Jan. 1, 2018 up until Dec. 31, 2018.
Orkin’s list also involves both residential and commercial treatments.
If rodents come across as a persistent problem, the company has released some tips to help alleviate their penetration into public spaces.
Trimming trees and keeping shrubbery at least one metre from the exterior walls of your home will help eliminate any hiding spots for rodents. Inspect and keeping your properties clean, both inside and out, as it will reduce the chances rodents get attracted to your spaces.
Do these rodent findings surprise you, Halton?
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton