Burlington Bank Robbery Suspect on the Run
An armed suspect is on the loose following a bank robbery in Burlington.
Officers were sent to the TD Canada Trust at 596 Plains Rd. E. on Sept. 18.
That’s where a man entered the bank alone - carrying a large knife - just before 1 p.m.
He jumped over the counter and demanded cash.
The suspect was given an undisclosed amount and fled, last seen running toward King Rd.
No one was injured.
Officers searched the area extensively but a track by a police dog turned up empty.
The suspect is described as white, 30-to-45-years-old, with no facial hair. He stands about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9 with a heavy build, weighing about 200 pounds.
He was wearing a black coat with the hood up, black sunglasses, grey track pants, and black running shoes with white soles.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Det. Phil Vandenbeukel of the criminal investigations bureau robbery team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2343 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Burlington Resident Rich After Winning Massive Lotto Prize
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Multiple Lanes Blocked Due To Collision On QEW In Burlington
- Here’s When L.L. Bean is Opening in Oakville